East Bay News
Newark shooting suspect knew federal agent's wife
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The Bay Area optician accused of shooting a U.S. Customs agent in front of his own home in Newark apparently knew the agent's wife.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports the suspect and the victim's wife met at the Bay Area Optical School in Union City less than a year ago.
Dennis Bagwell, 61, will make his first court appearance today to face attempted murder charges. Detectives believe Bagwell waited for his victim to walk out of his home Tuesday morning, then fired at least five shots.
newark, crime, shooting, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 18 min ago
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 49 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family 27 min ago
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- BART unions file lawsuit against transit agency
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- 'TipsforJesus' leaving giant tips at restaurants
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Crews call for reinforcements to find...
27 min ago