East Bay News
21-year-old killed in drive-by shooting
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. -- A 21-year-old man was killed in a drive-by shooting in Pleasant Hill late Friday night, police said.
Police received a call of a possible shooting in the 200 block of Devonshire Court at about 10:06 p.m. Friday.
Once there, officers determined that multiple shots had apparently been fired from a vehicle in the direction of people who were in front of a home.
Police and emergency responders found the 21-year-old victim who was struck by the gunfire and pronounced him dead at the scene.
His name is being held until family members are notified, police said.
No other injuries were reported.
Witnesses told police they saw a possible suspect vehicle -- a blue Saturn Vue with several occupants -- speeding away from the area immediately after the gunfire.
Police continue to investigate the shooting and are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact the Pleasant Hill Police Department at (925) 288-4630.
crime, shooting, pleasant hill, east bay news
- Four in the South Bay die due to cold weather 16 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Apple wants Samsung to pay $22M for legal bills
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos