East Bay News
Campaign to reopen restrooms at Mt. Diablo High
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- The principal at Mt. Diablo High School has closed several restrooms for 1,400 students at the school.
A district trustee told the Contra Costa Times the bathrooms were closed because of graffiti. Students have launched a campaign with fliers and on YouTube to get the bathrooms reopened.
Students said at the beginning of the year, the principal closed all but one bathroom for each gender. Last week she opened one more for each gender - so now there are two boys bathrooms and two girls bathrooms for 1,400 students. A state official said that is below the state requirement; there must be one toilet for every 45 girls and one urinal for every 30 boys.
concord, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 59 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday