East Bay News
Report: Alameda County supervisor assaulted by ex
The Alameda County district attorney is now investigating reports that County Supervisor Nadia Lockyer was violently assaulted by an ex-boyfriend on February 3.
Nadia Lockyer is the wife of California State Treasurer Bill Lockyer.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Lockyer and his wife recently separated, but had gotten back together before the incident. He says she went to a Newark motel to help her former boyfriend, who he described as a "troubled person" and was, instead, attacked by him. Nadia Lockyer was treated at a hospital and released.
east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 56 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
56 min ago