East Bay News
TSA finds pot hidden in peanut butter
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Security screeners at Oakland International Airport recently found a little more than peanut butter inside a jar a man tried to take aboard his flight.
An x-ray pointed them to something stuffed inside a jar of Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter. That something turned out to be a bag of marijuana.
Police questioned the man and cited him. They also seized his pot.
Transportation Security Administration officials say it is at least the second time in the last four months that airport screeners have found pot hidden in peanut butter.
oakland, airport security, drugs, marijuana, crime, TSA, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body