East Bay News
Tracy man killed in plane crash was on meth
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Tracy man killed when the plane he stole crashed near Fresno had massive amounts of meth in his system.
That's according to toxicology tests by the Fresno County coroner. Ray Pirro had a meth concentration about 10 times higher than a typical drug user.
Authorities say Pirro hotwired a Cessna at Buchanan Field Airport in Concord. He crashed and was killed on February 5th.
Pirro did not have a pilot's license.
concord, fresno, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in massive Mission Bay fire 5 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing 24 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 36 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos