East Bay News
Tracy man killed in plane crash was on meth
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The Tracy man killed when the plane he stole crashed near Fresno had massive amounts of meth in his system.
That's according to toxicology tests by the Fresno County coroner. Ray Pirro had a meth concentration about 10 times higher than a typical drug user.
Authorities say Pirro hotwired a Cessna at Buchanan Field Airport in Concord. He crashed and was killed on February 5th.
Pirro did not have a pilot's license.
concord, fresno, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday