East Bay News

African Tortoises saved from fire in Castro Valley

Tuesday, February 21, 2012
African Tortoise

Investigators think a system used to help keep two African Tortoises warm may be to blame for an early morning garage fire in Castro Valley.

The fire started just after 3 a.m. at an unattached garage on Almond Road. Firefighters managed to knock it down quickly. One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion. The tortoises who were kept in the garage got out OK.

 

(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more East Bay News »


Tags:
castro valley, fire, east bay news
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement