East Bay News
Search suspended after boat crashes off Alameda
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Coast Guard has now suspended its search for anyone who may have been onboard a boat that crashed off Alameda.
The boat ended up on the rocks at Ballena Isle Marina just before two this morning. Police arrested the woman they found onboard, and although she appeared to be impaired, the broker for the boat owner says she must be an experienced boater.
"She must have had considerable knowledge and skills of how to drive a boat to be able to drive it drunk, find the keys, take it out from Jack London Square, take it up the estuary and bring it out this far," said Jeff Leonard of New Era Yachts.
The woman gave conflicting accounts as to whether someone else was on board. A search by the Coast Guard turned up nothing.
coast guard, alameda, east bay news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 58 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 1 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder 38 min ago
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos