East Bay News
3 arrested after high-speed police chase
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A high-speed police chase took place Tuesday night through at least five Bay Area cities. There were about 12 cruisers chasing a car just before 10 p.m. on westbound Interstate 80 at University Avenue in Berkeley.
The chase reached speeds of 100 mph and continued onto I-880 through Oakland and San Leandro. It ended at the Dumbarton Bridge in Newark, where officers arrested three people.
This all started before 10 p.m. Police believe two men in the car were armed and robbed a Shell station in Martinez. When officers spotted them in Orinda they went after them.
There were no injuries reported.
dumbarton bridge, newark, martinez, crime, police chase, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday