East Bay News
3 arrested after high-speed police chase
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A high-speed police chase took place Tuesday night through at least five Bay Area cities. There were about 12 cruisers chasing a car just before 10 p.m. on westbound Interstate 80 at University Avenue in Berkeley.
The chase reached speeds of 100 mph and continued onto I-880 through Oakland and San Leandro. It ended at the Dumbarton Bridge in Newark, where officers arrested three people.
This all started before 10 p.m. Police believe two men in the car were armed and robbed a Shell station in Martinez. When officers spotted them in Orinda they went after them.
There were no injuries reported.
dumbarton bridge, newark, martinez, crime, police chase, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos