East Bay News
3 arrested after high-speed police chase
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A high-speed police chase took place Tuesday night through at least five Bay Area cities. There were about 12 cruisers chasing a car just before 10 p.m. on westbound Interstate 80 at University Avenue in Berkeley.
The chase reached speeds of 100 mph and continued onto I-880 through Oakland and San Leandro. It ended at the Dumbarton Bridge in Newark, where officers arrested three people.
This all started before 10 p.m. Police believe two men in the car were armed and robbed a Shell station in Martinez. When officers spotted them in Orinda they went after them.
There were no injuries reported.
dumbarton bridge, newark, martinez, crime, police chase, east bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood 38 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday