East Bay News
Roving meth lab discovered after police chase
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- Two people were arrested by Martinez police on Tuesday night after a police chase led to the discovery of what appeared to be a roving methamphetamine lab, police said.
Police tried to pull over a car for a traffic violation around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at Pacheco Boulevard and Arthur Road.
The driver refused to yield and officers gave chase, trailing the car until it stopped on the off-ramp from southbound Interstate Highway 680 to Gregory Lane in Pleasant Hill, police said.
The driver, 47-year-old Christopher Bovee, of Martinez, appeared to be under the influence of drugs and was arrested, according to police.
Officers searched the car and found items used to make methamphetamine, prompting them to call a Contra Costa County hazardous materials team to collect the dangerous materials, police said.
Bovee was taken to county jail and booked on suspicion of manufacturing a controlled substance, drug possession, being under the influence of drugs and evading police.
His passenger, 50-year-old Concord woman Tamra Phillips, was also arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
dumbarton bridge, newark, martinez, crime, police chase, east bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos