East Bay News
Man tries to take 4-year-old from child care center
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A man walked into a child care center in Livermore today and attempted to take a 4-year-old boy by claiming he was his son, according to police.
The man, described as a white male adult in his late 40s, walked into the child care center at the Livermore Valley Tennis Club around 12:15 p.m. today, according to police.
He told an employee that he was there to pick up his son, and pointed at a 4-year-old boy in the center.
When the employee asked him for the standard verification required by the center for anyone picking up children, however, the man was unable to produce and left the center abruptly.
The boy's mother was on site when the incident occurred, told center employees that she had not authorized anyone to pick up the boy, at which point the childcare center contacted police.
Police were unable to locate the suspect in the area, but have released a sketch created with the help of a witness. He is described as being around 6 feet tall and 250 pounds with a large build. He had short blond hair with long sideburns and was wearing a green baseball cap, a white and gray shirt and khaki pants.
Anyone with information on this suspect should contact Livermore police immediately.
livermore, child abduction, crime, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 37 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 18 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
37 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos