East Bay News
Carports catch fire under apartments in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland fire investigators still don't know what caused this morning's fire in an apartment building's carport near Lake Merritt.
A call came in about the fire at 4:07 a.m. that three carports on 276 Adams Street were on fire. Residents were evacuated and nobody was hurt, but six vehicles were damaged. It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put it out.
The Red Cross is assisting some residents whose apartments were damaged.
oakland, fire, car fire, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 35 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos