East Bay News
Emeryville police search for man wanted in slew of crimes
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Emeryville Police department is asking for help finding a man they call armed and dangerous, wanted for a pair or robberies, an attempted kidnapping, carjacking and sexual battery.
Police believe 30-year-old Bashar Aremu may be working as a security guard.
The latest assault was reported Wednesday night in a parking garage on Powell Street. The victim told police she was walking to her car when she was attacked.
"The suspect made statements that led the female to believe he would kill her, force her into the car," Sgt. Fred Dauer said. "The female managed to open the truck and ran for her life out of the parking garage."
Emeryville police describe Aremu as 6 feet tall, about 230 pounds. He speaks with a heavy accent, possibly Nigerian.
emeryville, crime, east bay news, david louie
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 2 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 10 min ago
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday