East Bay News
Emeryville police search for man wanted in slew of crimes
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- The Emeryville Police department is asking for help finding a man they call armed and dangerous, wanted for a pair or robberies, an attempted kidnapping, carjacking and sexual battery.
Police believe 30-year-old Bashar Aremu may be working as a security guard.
The latest assault was reported Wednesday night in a parking garage on Powell Street. The victim told police she was walking to her car when she was attacked.
"The suspect made statements that led the female to believe he would kill her, force her into the car," Sgt. Fred Dauer said. "The female managed to open the truck and ran for her life out of the parking garage."
Emeryville police describe Aremu as 6 feet tall, about 230 pounds. He speaks with a heavy accent, possibly Nigerian.
emeryville, crime, east bay news, david louie
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 48 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday