East Bay News
2 found dead in Brentwood bedroom
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A man and woman were fatally shot at a home in Brentwood Wednesday afternoon in what may have been a murder-suicide, a police lieutenant said.
Police responded to reports of a shooting at 2:50 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of Finn Way and found a man and woman who appeared to be in their 40s.
Both had suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene, police Lt. Tom Hansen said.
Hansen said that while the deaths may have been a murder-suicide, police are officially investigating the case as a double homicide, although at this time they do not believe anyone else was involved.
"We're not ruling anything out," he said.
Hansen said the shooting was reported by a female teenager who lives at the home.
Police were still trying to confirm the relationship between the three residents as of this afternoon, Hansen said.
brentwood, shooting, east bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke near Candlestick 20 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos