East Bay News
2 found dead in Brentwood bedroom
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A man and woman were fatally shot at a home in Brentwood Wednesday afternoon in what may have been a murder-suicide, a police lieutenant said.
Police responded to reports of a shooting at 2:50 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of Finn Way and found a man and woman who appeared to be in their 40s.
Both had suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene, police Lt. Tom Hansen said.
Hansen said that while the deaths may have been a murder-suicide, police are officially investigating the case as a double homicide, although at this time they do not believe anyone else was involved.
"We're not ruling anything out," he said.
Hansen said the shooting was reported by a female teenager who lives at the home.
Police were still trying to confirm the relationship between the three residents as of this afternoon, Hansen said.
brentwood, shooting, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday