East Bay News
San Leandro police search for sexual assault suspect
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- San Leandro police are looking for a man who sexually assaulted a female victim at knifepoint Tuesday evening.
A man entered the victim's home in the 700 block of Bridge Road shortly before 5:30 p.m., brandished a knife and sexually assaulted her, police said.
After the assault, the suspect ran away in an unknown direction. The suspect was described as a Hispanic man with an accent, between 20 and 30 years old, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, with a medium build.
Police believe the victim may have been targeted and it appears to have been an isolated incident.
Anyone with information regarding the attack is asked to call San Leandro police Detective Ali Khan at (510) 3243.
san leandro, crime, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1 28 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 40 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 52 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos