East Bay News
34,000 eggs donated to Alameda County Food Bank
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- There was a lot of egg-citement at the Alameda County Food Bank Thursday morning.
The non-profit received boxes and boxes containing over 34,000 eggs at its warehouse in Oakland. They were donated by NuCal Foods, a California farm cooperative.
It's part of a nationwide campaign to give 10 million eggs to food banks across the country.
One in six families in Alameda County depends on the food bank, and officials say eggs are an excellent source of protein.
non-profit, alameda county, oakland, food, east bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 23 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday