East Bay News
Oakland Zoo baby otters make their media debut
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- They haven't opened their eyes yet and they're not eating solid food, but the three new otters at the Oakland Zoo are old enough to have their pictures taken.
They are just over a month old and are being kept in what's called a dark room. Although they're still nursing, the babies will soon start eating meat and fish, and be learning how to swim.
Their public debut is scheduled for May.
animal, oakland, oakland zoo, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 18 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 46 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 50 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
14 min ago