East Bay News
Nadia Lockyer makes first public appearance since rehab
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Embattled Alameda County Supervisor Nadia Lockyer made her first public appearance Tuesday since returning from drug rehabilitation.
Lockyer attended Tuesday's regularly scheduled supervisors meeting. She returned to work last week after treatment for alcohol abuse, which followed her claim that she was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend in a Newark motel.
Colleagues in county government say Lockyer looks strong and healthy.
"She's a very vibrant, young, rising star and we really hope the best for her to get back on track with all the initiatives that are so important for her like St. Rose Hospital and domestic violence and things like that," said Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley.
The 40-year-old Lockyer is the wife of State Treasurer Bill Lockyer.
oakland, east bay news
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 10 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case