East Bay News
Community mourns father, daughter killed by SUV
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- People stopped by all day Sunday to place flowers at the site of a deadly crash that ended the lives of a father and his young daughter.
Teddy bears, balloons and candles now mark the spot where 41-year-old Solaiman Nuri and his daughter Hadessa were killed during a morning bicycle ride.
Nuri's 11-year-old daughter also suffered a broken leg.
The Nuris were just a few yards from home on Treat Boulevard when they were hit by a SUV Saturday.
The accident has especially affected those families with young children. The thought of losing their own child in a similar manner brought many to the memorial on Treat Avenue.
Concord police are investigating whether the young driver was on his cell phone. To that end they are looking into the teen's cell phone records.
Police say speed was a factor in this accident as well as an unsafe lane change. The driver has been arrested for manslaughter.
concord, contra costa county, bikes, east bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 1 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday