East Bay News
Community mourns father, daughter killed by SUV
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- People stopped by all day Sunday to place flowers at the site of a deadly crash that ended the lives of a father and his young daughter.
Teddy bears, balloons and candles now mark the spot where 41-year-old Solaiman Nuri and his daughter Hadessa were killed during a morning bicycle ride.
Nuri's 11-year-old daughter also suffered a broken leg.
The Nuris were just a few yards from home on Treat Boulevard when they were hit by a SUV Saturday.
The accident has especially affected those families with young children. The thought of losing their own child in a similar manner brought many to the memorial on Treat Avenue.
Concord police are investigating whether the young driver was on his cell phone. To that end they are looking into the teen's cell phone records.
Police say speed was a factor in this accident as well as an unsafe lane change. The driver has been arrested for manslaughter.
concord, contra costa county, bikes, east bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 17 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 15 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
17 min ago