East Bay News
Fire burning near I-880 in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland firefighters are working a three-alarm fire burning near Interstate Highway 880 and Fruitvale Avenue, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire at East Ninth Street and 34th Avenue was reported at 1:43 p.m., the dispatcher said.
At least one person suffered injuries related to the fire, the dispatcher said.
No other information about the fire was immediately available.
fire, oakland, I-880, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 15 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday