East Bay News
Fire burning near I-880 in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland firefighters are working a three-alarm fire burning near Interstate Highway 880 and Fruitvale Avenue, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire at East Ninth Street and 34th Avenue was reported at 1:43 p.m., the dispatcher said.
At least one person suffered injuries related to the fire, the dispatcher said.
No other information about the fire was immediately available.
fire, oakland, I-880, east bay news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday