East Bay News
Sheriff's deputies find missing at-risk woman
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. -- Alameda County sheriff's deputies this morning located an at-risk woman who was reported missing after she apparently wandered away from her Hayward home on Tuesday night, a sheriff's spokesman said.
Sandra Rankin, 67, suffers from Alzheimer's disease and was reported missing from her home on Hathaway Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
She was found uninjured this morning at a Trader Joe's in Castro Valley where employees noticed her and called the sheriff's office, sheriff's spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
She has been reunited with her family.
missing person, castro valley, hayward, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 17 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos