East Bay News
Sheriff's deputies find missing at-risk woman
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. -- Alameda County sheriff's deputies this morning located an at-risk woman who was reported missing after she apparently wandered away from her Hayward home on Tuesday night, a sheriff's spokesman said.
Sandra Rankin, 67, suffers from Alzheimer's disease and was reported missing from her home on Hathaway Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
She was found uninjured this morning at a Trader Joe's in Castro Valley where employees noticed her and called the sheriff's office, sheriff's spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
She has been reunited with her family.
missing person, castro valley, hayward, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5 59 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 14 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
54 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos