East Bay News
1 wounded in shooting near James Logan High School
UNION CITY, Calif. -- A shooting in Union City this afternoon left one person wounded and caused two schools to be locked down while police searched for the gunman.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting near 14th and H streets at about 12:10 p.m., according to Union City police.
Responding officers found a male victim suffering from gunshot wounds. Police did not release details about the condition of the victim, who was taken to a local hospital.
James Logan High School and Searles Elementary School were placed on temporary lockdown, which was lifted within two hours. New Haven Unified School District administrators sent out an automated message to parents regarding picking up students.
A possible suspect was seen leaving the area in a white full-sized pickup truck, with racks similar to lumber racks, police said.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his 20s with a stocky build, short brown hair and a light brown beard. Witnesses said the suspect was wearing a bright yellow construction vest.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the Union City Police Department at (510) 675-5225 or the anonymous tip line at (510) 675-5207.
union city, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot 46 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 20 min ago
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch 39 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos