East Bay News
Memorial concerts held for Oikos shooting victims
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oikos University in East Oakland held the last in a series of weekend memorial concerts Saturday for seven people gunned down at the school almost a month ago.
Members of the university community organized the concerts to honor those who died in the shooting rampage.
Pictures of the victims are on display for anyone who stops by the campus memorial. A former student, One Goh, has been charged in the fatal shooting.
A wake is being held in Oakland Saturday night for one of the victims, Doris Chibuko. Originally from Nigeria, she leaves behind her husband and three young daughters.
shooting, crime, oakland, Oikos shooting, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 44 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 25 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
44 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos