East Bay News
2.7-magnitude quake hits near Fremont
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.7 shook near Fremont Sunday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The tremblor struck about four miles east of Fremont at 5:53 a.m., according to the USGS.
It had a depth of 6.6 miles, according to the USGS.
preparenorcal, earthquake, fremont, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 45 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos