East Bay News
Effort to recall Oakland mayor is struggling
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The effort to recall Oakland Mayor Jean Quan is fading.
According to the Oakland Tribune, the group trying to oust her is short on cash, volunteers and signatures as it tries to put a recall vote on the November ballot.
Also, a recent poll shows though three-quarters of voters think Quan's done a poor job in office only one-third would vote to recall her. Critics attacked the way she handled last fall's occupy protests. Her supporters have formed a committee to fight a potential recall election
jean quan, occupy oakland, oakland, east bay news
- Pres. Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 32 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting 32 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday