East Bay News
Antioch police make major pot bust
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators seized more than 15 pounds of marijuana and arrested two men in connection with a large-scale growing operation in Antioch on Tuesday, police said Thursday.
Officers conducting a probation search arrested 34-year-old Justin Reis around 11:35 a.m. Tuesday after they saw him carrying a suitcase from his home in the 5400 block of Prewett Ranch Drive to a car parked on the street, police said.
The suitcase was found to contain 10 pounds of marijuana, and a search of Reis' home turned up two more pounds of marijuana there, as well as evidence that he was selling and growing the plant, police said.
Their investigation led detectives to a second Antioch home in the 3500 block of Waxwing Way, where police found a large indoor marijuana grow.
After obtaining a search warrant for the home, police found Brian Lloyd, 25, inside along with 836 marijuana plants and five additional pounds of marijuana.
Police also estimated that the two suspects had stolen about $20,000 worth of electricity from PG&E by bypassing the utility's meters at both homes, according to police.
Investigators believe the men are associated with each other, and arrested both on suspicion of multiple drug offenses. They were booked into county jail.
PG&E, marijuana, pot bust, antioch, drugs, crime, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday