East Bay News
Antioch police make major pot bust
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators seized more than 15 pounds of marijuana and arrested two men in connection with a large-scale growing operation in Antioch on Tuesday, police said Thursday.
Officers conducting a probation search arrested 34-year-old Justin Reis around 11:35 a.m. Tuesday after they saw him carrying a suitcase from his home in the 5400 block of Prewett Ranch Drive to a car parked on the street, police said.
The suitcase was found to contain 10 pounds of marijuana, and a search of Reis' home turned up two more pounds of marijuana there, as well as evidence that he was selling and growing the plant, police said.
Their investigation led detectives to a second Antioch home in the 3500 block of Waxwing Way, where police found a large indoor marijuana grow.
After obtaining a search warrant for the home, police found Brian Lloyd, 25, inside along with 836 marijuana plants and five additional pounds of marijuana.
Police also estimated that the two suspects had stolen about $20,000 worth of electricity from PG&E by bypassing the utility's meters at both homes, according to police.
Investigators believe the men are associated with each other, and arrested both on suspicion of multiple drug offenses. They were booked into county jail.
PG&E, marijuana, pot bust, antioch, drugs, crime, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 51 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 51 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 50 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 58 min ago