East Bay News
Hostage situation in Oakland Hills ends peacefully
OAKLAND -- A hostage situation stemming from the violation of a restraining order in the Oakland Hills on Wednesday ended when police took the suspect into custody, police said.
Police responded to a report that a person had violated a restraining order at a home in the 6400 block of Aspinwall Road at 6:40 p.m.
The situation quickly turned into a hostage situation with the suspect barricaded inside the home, police said.
A SWAT team was called in to assist in getting the suspect out of the home, however shortly after that the suspect was taken into custody peacefully, police said.
OPD, oakland, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 6 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 41 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 29 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday