East Bay News
Hostage situation in Oakland Hills ends peacefully
OAKLAND -- A hostage situation stemming from the violation of a restraining order in the Oakland Hills on Wednesday ended when police took the suspect into custody, police said.
Police responded to a report that a person had violated a restraining order at a home in the 6400 block of Aspinwall Road at 6:40 p.m.
The situation quickly turned into a hostage situation with the suspect barricaded inside the home, police said.
A SWAT team was called in to assist in getting the suspect out of the home, however shortly after that the suspect was taken into custody peacefully, police said.
OPD, oakland, east bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 4 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday