East Bay News
Police search for boy who ran away from group home
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding an 11-year-old boy who ran away from an Oakland group home on Wednesday evening.
The boy, Jerry Walker, was last seen by staff at the Greater New Beginnings group home at 1625 Filbert St. at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
Investigators are concerned for his well-being because of his young age, police said. He attends the La Cheim School in Richmond but did not show up for school today.
Jerry is described as 4 feet 9 inches tall and 90 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Anyone who sees Jerry or has any information about his whereabouts is asked to call the Police Department's Youth and Family Services Division at (510) 238-3641.
oakland, OPD, east bay news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 40 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 4 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday