East Bay News
March for justice for police shooting victim
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Supporters of a Skyline High School student who was shot and killed by Oakland police protested his death with a march for justice Saturday.
Chanting "Justice for Alan," more than 100 people marched from 92nd Avenue and Birch where the shooting occurred. They marched to Oakland's Eastmont police station on 73rd Avenue.
They were protesting the shooting death of Alan Blueford, who was shot by police May 6.
His parents spoke to the crowd. They said their son would not have had a gun or shot at police. They're angry at what they say was an unjustified shooting.
Adam Blueford, Alan's father, said: "We want the police to let us know what happened to our son. How he was shot. Why he was shot."
"He was looking forward to the future. He knew what trade school he was going to attend," said Jeralynn Blueford, Alan's mother. "He just made plans and now all his plans are gone."
Police say two officers tried to stop three young men on International Boulevard. Blueford, who police say was on felony juvenile probation for burglary, bolted and was chased by the unidentified officer who police say only fired his weapon after Blueford pointed a gun at him.
The officer fired four shots. One hit the officer in the foot. He is on administrative leave pending an investigation.
The shooting is under investigation. Blueford was set to graduate in June.
oakland, OPD, shooting, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday