East Bay News
Occupy the Farm protesters try to plan next move
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Those Occupy protesters who took over a piece of farmland owned by UC Berkeley are trying to figure out their next move. They were kicked off the land early Monday, but they not giving up.
Early Thursday evening a small band of Occupy the Farm members and supporters gathered in front of the library.
Occupy the Farm members say they'll leave from the library and march to the UC Berkeley chancellor's mansion, on campus.
Many of them are still upset after being kicked off UC Berkeley owned land. Around 6 a.m., UC police swept in and forced the occupiers off the land used for agriculture research.
At least one occupier jumped the fence on Monday afternoon and made a daring attempt to water the crops they've been nurturing for about three weeks.
Cal officials say they told the occupiers they could continue tending their crops, as long as they didn't camp there, but they say the occupiers turned them down. The Occupy members say the university refused to put their promise in writing, and that's why the turned it down.
The university says it's prepared to deal with it and they've called in UC police from other campuses, such as UC Davis and Irvine, to help out.
albany, uc berkeley, berkeley, occupy wall street, protest, east bay news, alan wang
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 47 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos