East Bay News
Oakland police searching for home invasion suspect
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police searched an East Oakland neighborhood Thursday morning for a home invasion suspect after a brief standoff.
Everything began around 9:30 a.m. Dispatch received a call about a domestic dispute at a home in the 2700 block of Ritchie Street and quickly learned that a person wanted for a home invasion was involved.
Police cordoned off the neighborhood and surrounded the home but just after 11 a.m., determined the suspect had managed to escape the house and possibly the neighborhood.
The suspect, wanted for a previous home robbery, is described as an African American male in his early 20s last seen wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans.
OPD, oakland, crime, standoff, east bay news, laura anthony
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 59 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos