East Bay News
Attorney arrested in fatal hit and run appears in court
PLEASANTON, Calif. (KGO) -- A prominent civil rights attorney appeared in an East Bay courtroom today to answer charges that he hit and killed a bicyclist with his car.
Spencer Smith walked with his lawyer into the Alameda County courthouse in Pleasanton this morning, but the judge delayed today's hearing until late June.
Investigators say pieces of Smith's Mercedes-Benz littered the crash scene on Dougherty Road in Dublin last Tuesday.
Smith's attorney says his client is "devastated" that the victim, Bo Hu, lost his life.
crash, dublin, hit and run, crime, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 39 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos