East Bay News
Attorney arrested in fatal hit and run appears in court
PLEASANTON, Calif. (KGO) -- A prominent civil rights attorney appeared in an East Bay courtroom today to answer charges that he hit and killed a bicyclist with his car.
Spencer Smith walked with his lawyer into the Alameda County courthouse in Pleasanton this morning, but the judge delayed today's hearing until late June.
Investigators say pieces of Smith's Mercedes-Benz littered the crash scene on Dougherty Road in Dublin last Tuesday.
Smith's attorney says his client is "devastated" that the victim, Bo Hu, lost his life.
crash, dublin, hit and run, crime, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 20 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday