East Bay News
Firefighters extinguish grass fire in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a grass fire that burned approximately 50 acres in Oakley on Thursday night, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at 9:09 p.m. in the area of East Cypress Road and Sandmound Boulevard, according to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
No structures were burned by the fire, which firefighters had under control by 11:34 p.m.
oakley, fire, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 17 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday