East Bay News
Firefighters extinguish grass fire in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a grass fire that burned approximately 50 acres in Oakley on Thursday night, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at 9:09 p.m. in the area of East Cypress Road and Sandmound Boulevard, according to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
No structures were burned by the fire, which firefighters had under control by 11:34 p.m.
oakley, fire, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed