East Bay News
Subway restaurant robbed at gunpoint
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a Subway restaurant in Martinez Thursday night.
The man entered the restaurant at 1170 Arnold Drive at 10:04 p.m. armed with a black handgun and demanded money, police said.
The suspect, described as a man between 20 and 25 years old wearing a back hooded sweatshirt and a black hat, made off with cash from the restaurant.
The Subway is located in a strip mall near a busy intersection, and some stores in the area were still open, police said. Investigators are hoping to find witnesses to the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Martinez police at (925) 372-3440.
martinez, crime, east bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia 57 min ago
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire 3 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Suited men duke it out in road rage brawl
35 min ago