East Bay News
Subway restaurant robbed at gunpoint
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a Subway restaurant in Martinez Thursday night.
The man entered the restaurant at 1170 Arnold Drive at 10:04 p.m. armed with a black handgun and demanded money, police said.
The suspect, described as a man between 20 and 25 years old wearing a back hooded sweatshirt and a black hat, made off with cash from the restaurant.
The Subway is located in a strip mall near a busy intersection, and some stores in the area were still open, police said. Investigators are hoping to find witnesses to the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Martinez police at (925) 372-3440.
martinez, crime, east bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday