East Bay News
Subway restaurant robbed at gunpoint
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police are looking for a man who robbed a Subway restaurant in Martinez Thursday night.
The man entered the restaurant at 1170 Arnold Drive at 10:04 p.m. armed with a black handgun and demanded money, police said.
The suspect, described as a man between 20 and 25 years old wearing a back hooded sweatshirt and a black hat, made off with cash from the restaurant.
The Subway is located in a strip mall near a busy intersection, and some stores in the area were still open, police said. Investigators are hoping to find witnesses to the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Martinez police at (925) 372-3440.
martinez, crime, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 40 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 43 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos