East Bay News
Driver arrested after rslamming into patrol car
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An alleged drunk driver slammed into an Oakland police patrol car early Monday morning after running a red light, a police officer said Monday.
The collision occurred just after midnight in the 500 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Way, where a car crashed into a patrol car with two officers inside, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
The drunk driver fled after colliding with the patrol car, but the officers caught up with the driver and arrested him on suspicion of DUI, McDonald said. The driver's name was not immediately being released by police this morning.
One of the officers complained of pain following the crash, which also caused moderate to major damage to the patrol vehicle, McDonald said.
oakland, crash, DUI, OPD, east bay news
- Obama: 'Lives have been saved' by NSA programs 26 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday