East Bay News
Driver arrested after rslamming into patrol car
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An alleged drunk driver slammed into an Oakland police patrol car early Monday morning after running a red light, a police officer said Monday.
The collision occurred just after midnight in the 500 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Way, where a car crashed into a patrol car with two officers inside, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
The drunk driver fled after colliding with the patrol car, but the officers caught up with the driver and arrested him on suspicion of DUI, McDonald said. The driver's name was not immediately being released by police this morning.
One of the officers complained of pain following the crash, which also caused moderate to major damage to the patrol vehicle, McDonald said.
oakland, crash, DUI, OPD, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 48 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 17 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos