East Bay News
Driver arrested after rslamming into patrol car
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An alleged drunk driver slammed into an Oakland police patrol car early Monday morning after running a red light, a police officer said Monday.
The collision occurred just after midnight in the 500 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Way, where a car crashed into a patrol car with two officers inside, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
The drunk driver fled after colliding with the patrol car, but the officers caught up with the driver and arrested him on suspicion of DUI, McDonald said. The driver's name was not immediately being released by police this morning.
One of the officers complained of pain following the crash, which also caused moderate to major damage to the patrol vehicle, McDonald said.
oakland, crash, DUI, OPD, east bay news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member 20 min ago
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday