East Bay News
UC Berkeley cop cleared in student shooting
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A UC Berkeley police officer has been cleared of wrongdoing for fatally shooting a student inside a classroom at the Haas School of Business last November.
An investigation by the Alameda County district attorney concludes the officer, a 15-year veteran, had no other option than to fire at Christopher Travis. The 32-year-old business student was pointing a gun at officers and 11 other students.
The 25-page report states Travis had previous confrontations with both Oakland and Berkeley police and had been suicidal.
berkeley, uc berkeley, shooting, east bay news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 47 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 48 min ago
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 11 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos