East Bay News
Graduation held for Oikos University students
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A graduation ceremony was held for Oakland's Oikos University students Saturday, two months to the day of a deadly shooting rampage there.
The ceremony took place at the Praise God Korean Church in Oakland.
It's a particularly emotional time for the graduating students. On April 2, six students and a school employee died at Oikos during a shooting spree there.
A former student, 43-year old One Goh, has been charged with the shootings.
Classes resumed at the school on April 30 but many students refused to go back and were transferred to Unitek College in Fremont.
shooting, crime, oakland, Oikos shooting, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 43 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos