East Bay News
One killed, two injured in shooting in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- Richmond police are investigating a shooting that killed one man and injured two others this evening, a police lieutenant said.
Officers responded to a ShotSpotter activation in the 4600 block of Overend Avenue at around 5 p.m., police Lt. Andre Hill said.
Responding officers found three men in their 20s suffering from gunshot wounds and they were taken to a hospital.
One of the victims succumbed to his injuries about an hour later, Hill said.
The other two victims are expected to survive, Hill said.
Hill said a red vehicle was seen leaving the area but no suspect information was immediately available.
richmond, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 59 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 53 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos