East Bay News
One killed, two injured in shooting in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- Richmond police are investigating a shooting that killed one man and injured two others this evening, a police lieutenant said.
Officers responded to a ShotSpotter activation in the 4600 block of Overend Avenue at around 5 p.m., police Lt. Andre Hill said.
Responding officers found three men in their 20s suffering from gunshot wounds and they were taken to a hospital.
One of the victims succumbed to his injuries about an hour later, Hill said.
The other two victims are expected to survive, Hill said.
Hill said a red vehicle was seen leaving the area but no suspect information was immediately available.
richmond, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland kicks off summer food program for...
34 min ago