East Bay News
Police ID homicide victim's boyfriend as suspect
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- The boyfriend of an Emeryville woman found fatally shot inside her home Monday afternoon is suspected of killing her, police said Wednesday.
Police responded to a reported shooting at about 3:30 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of 47th Street, where they found Taranda Jones, 18, with a gunshot wound to her upper torso, police said.
Jones was transported from the home she shared with a family member to Highland Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:08 p.m., police said.
Authorities have identified her boyfriend, DeAngelo Eagleton, 18, as a suspect in the slaying and say that he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police said that Eagleton and Jones had both attended Emery Secondary School but had not reported to school anytime recently.
Eagleton, who is known to frequent Emeryville and Oakland, is a black man with black hair and brown eyes who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (510) 596-3700.
emeryville, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 23 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos