East Bay News
Police ID homicide victim's boyfriend as suspect
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- The boyfriend of an Emeryville woman found fatally shot inside her home Monday afternoon is suspected of killing her, police said Wednesday.
Police responded to a reported shooting at about 3:30 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of 47th Street, where they found Taranda Jones, 18, with a gunshot wound to her upper torso, police said.
Jones was transported from the home she shared with a family member to Highland Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:08 p.m., police said.
Authorities have identified her boyfriend, DeAngelo Eagleton, 18, as a suspect in the slaying and say that he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police said that Eagleton and Jones had both attended Emery Secondary School but had not reported to school anytime recently.
Eagleton, who is known to frequent Emeryville and Oakland, is a black man with black hair and brown eyes who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (510) 596-3700.
emeryville, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 1 min ago
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 37 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 46 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
37 min ago