East Bay News
Police ID homicide victim's boyfriend as suspect
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- The boyfriend of an Emeryville woman found fatally shot inside her home Monday afternoon is suspected of killing her, police said Wednesday.
Police responded to a reported shooting at about 3:30 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of 47th Street, where they found Taranda Jones, 18, with a gunshot wound to her upper torso, police said.
Jones was transported from the home she shared with a family member to Highland Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:08 p.m., police said.
Authorities have identified her boyfriend, DeAngelo Eagleton, 18, as a suspect in the slaying and say that he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police said that Eagleton and Jones had both attended Emery Secondary School but had not reported to school anytime recently.
Eagleton, who is known to frequent Emeryville and Oakland, is a black man with black hair and brown eyes who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (510) 596-3700.
emeryville, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012 7 min ago
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together 32 min ago
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine,...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos