East Bay News
Police ID homicide victim's boyfriend as suspect
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- The boyfriend of an Emeryville woman found fatally shot inside her home Monday afternoon is suspected of killing her, police said Wednesday.
Police responded to a reported shooting at about 3:30 p.m. at a home in the 1000 block of 47th Street, where they found Taranda Jones, 18, with a gunshot wound to her upper torso, police said.
Jones was transported from the home she shared with a family member to Highland Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:08 p.m., police said.
Authorities have identified her boyfriend, DeAngelo Eagleton, 18, as a suspect in the slaying and say that he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police said that Eagleton and Jones had both attended Emery Secondary School but had not reported to school anytime recently.
Eagleton, who is known to frequent Emeryville and Oakland, is a black man with black hair and brown eyes who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (510) 596-3700.
emeryville, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday