East Bay News
Stolen car suspect leads police on chase on I-680
ALAMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Police chased a stolen car suspect in the East Bay Thursday night. The chase started around 10 p.m. in Bay Point and the suspect led police through Concord and Walnut Creek.
Police deployed spike strips to try to stop the suspect, but he kept driving for a while before stopping. The chase ended around 10:30 p.m. on Interstate 680 and Stone Valley Road in Alamo.
Police say for most of the chase the driver wasn't going much faster than 50-55 mph.
There were no injuries reported.
walnut creek, concord, alamo, bay point, I-680, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos