East Bay News
Dog, 4 cats die in RV fire on Vasco Road
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- An RV packed with six people, 12 dogs and four cats caught on fire while driving down the road Saturday morning.
It happened on Vasco Road in Alameda County.
One of the men inside the RV told us the fire started near the sink and spread so quickly, he and the others were unable to put it out. The fire destroyed the RV killing one dog and four cats.
"When it all happened, the dogs just went running everywhere and there were cars everywhere, going this way and that way. We're thinking about dogs getting hit, and the whole time the RV is burning down. You know, and there's still a dog in there. It's crazy, man," said Colorado resident Xane Buckingham.
Now, the American Red Cross is helping the group with temporary shelter. The people, all from Colorado, say they were traveling up the coast.
alameda county, fire, animals in peril, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos