East Bay News
Dog, 4 cats die in RV fire on Vasco Road
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- An RV packed with six people, 12 dogs and four cats caught on fire while driving down the road Saturday morning.
It happened on Vasco Road in Alameda County.
One of the men inside the RV told us the fire started near the sink and spread so quickly, he and the others were unable to put it out. The fire destroyed the RV killing one dog and four cats.
"When it all happened, the dogs just went running everywhere and there were cars everywhere, going this way and that way. We're thinking about dogs getting hit, and the whole time the RV is burning down. You know, and there's still a dog in there. It's crazy, man," said Colorado resident Xane Buckingham.
Now, the American Red Cross is helping the group with temporary shelter. The people, all from Colorado, say they were traveling up the coast.
alameda county, fire, animals in peril, east bay news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 2 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 4 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 45 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday