East Bay News
Dog, 4 cats die in RV fire on Vasco Road
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- An RV packed with six people, 12 dogs and four cats caught on fire while driving down the road Saturday morning.
It happened on Vasco Road in Alameda County.
One of the men inside the RV told us the fire started near the sink and spread so quickly, he and the others were unable to put it out. The fire destroyed the RV killing one dog and four cats.
"When it all happened, the dogs just went running everywhere and there were cars everywhere, going this way and that way. We're thinking about dogs getting hit, and the whole time the RV is burning down. You know, and there's still a dog in there. It's crazy, man," said Colorado resident Xane Buckingham.
Now, the American Red Cross is helping the group with temporary shelter. The people, all from Colorado, say they were traveling up the coast.
alameda county, fire, animals in peril, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire