East Bay News
Last day to apply at Oakland Police Department
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Oakland Police Department is hiring more officers and Monday is the last chance to apply.
The department has been operating with more than 100 fewer officers than the number actually needed, but Oakland police has secured funding for at least two police academies and that translates into more than 100 positions.
Applicants need to be 21-years-old and have a high school diploma or GED.
oakland, jobs, budget cuts, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 18 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 50 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos