East Bay News
Last day to apply at Oakland Police Department
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Oakland Police Department is hiring more officers and Monday is the last chance to apply.
The department has been operating with more than 100 fewer officers than the number actually needed, but Oakland police has secured funding for at least two police academies and that translates into more than 100 positions.
Applicants need to be 21-years-old and have a high school diploma or GED.
oakland, jobs, budget cuts, east bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill 36 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos