East Bay News
Third suspect arrested in deadly jewelry store robbery
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- The third suspect in a deadly jewelry store robbery in San Ramon now faces murder charges. Gregory Jamal Louis of Hayward was arrested last week.
He is the second suspect to be charged with murder in the May 30th armed robbery of the Gold N Treasures jewelry store.
Kibrom Bairu, 18, was shot and killed by the store owner during the robbery. Both men are being charged under the Provocative Act doctrine, where defendants can be convicted for actions that provoke a killing.
san ramon, shooting, hayward, crime, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 16 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 34 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 21 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 31 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 33 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos