East Bay News
Third suspect arrested in deadly jewelry store robbery
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- The third suspect in a deadly jewelry store robbery in San Ramon now faces murder charges. Gregory Jamal Louis of Hayward was arrested last week.
He is the second suspect to be charged with murder in the May 30th armed robbery of the Gold N Treasures jewelry store.
Kibrom Bairu, 18, was shot and killed by the store owner during the robbery. Both men are being charged under the Provocative Act doctrine, where defendants can be convicted for actions that provoke a killing.
san ramon, shooting, hayward, crime, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 14 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 46 min ago
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 8 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos