East Bay News
Third suspect arrested in deadly jewelry store robbery
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- The third suspect in a deadly jewelry store robbery in San Ramon now faces murder charges. Gregory Jamal Louis of Hayward was arrested last week.
He is the second suspect to be charged with murder in the May 30th armed robbery of the Gold N Treasures jewelry store.
Kibrom Bairu, 18, was shot and killed by the store owner during the robbery. Both men are being charged under the Provocative Act doctrine, where defendants can be convicted for actions that provoke a killing.
san ramon, shooting, hayward, crime, east bay news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup 44 min ago
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee from Gevalia
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday