East Bay News
High speed police chase ends in gun fire
OAKLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A high speed police chase ended in gun fire just before noon Thursday on the ramp connecting interstates 80 and 780 in Vallejo.
It all began 35 miles away in Oakley. Police say the driver refused to yield to an officer, who then noticed the car had been reported stolen.
The chase ended when police say the 25-year-old suspect drove his car at officers who then opened fire.
The man was hit by a piece of shrapnel. He's now in the hospital.
oakley, police chase, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 17 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
17 min ago