East Bay News
High speed police chase ends in gun fire
OAKLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A high speed police chase ended in gun fire just before noon Thursday on the ramp connecting interstates 80 and 780 in Vallejo.
It all began 35 miles away in Oakley. Police say the driver refused to yield to an officer, who then noticed the car had been reported stolen.
The chase ended when police say the 25-year-old suspect drove his car at officers who then opened fire.
The man was hit by a piece of shrapnel. He's now in the hospital.
oakley, police chase, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos