East Bay News
Repair team patches ruptured Rodeo refinery tank
RODEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A repair team was on site Saturday at the ConocoPhillips refinery where a ruptured water tank caused a big scare.
A tank containing a million gallons of water and hydrogen sulfide suddenly ruptured Friday morning, emitting the smell of rotten eggs through Rodeo, Hercules and Crockett.
On Saturday, crews applied foam inside the tank to cap the liquid inside. ConocoPhillips said the company's air monitoring tests showed it was working.
Contra Costa County health officials said the odor was not harmful.
crockett, rodeo, gas leak, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday