East Bay News
Repair team patches ruptured Rodeo refinery tank
RODEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A repair team was on site Saturday at the ConocoPhillips refinery where a ruptured water tank caused a big scare.
A tank containing a million gallons of water and hydrogen sulfide suddenly ruptured Friday morning, emitting the smell of rotten eggs through Rodeo, Hercules and Crockett.
On Saturday, crews applied foam inside the tank to cap the liquid inside. ConocoPhillips said the company's air monitoring tests showed it was working.
Contra Costa County health officials said the odor was not harmful.
crockett, rodeo, gas leak, east bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 37 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 15 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan