East Bay News
Repair team patches ruptured Rodeo refinery tank
RODEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A repair team was on site Saturday at the ConocoPhillips refinery where a ruptured water tank caused a big scare.
A tank containing a million gallons of water and hydrogen sulfide suddenly ruptured Friday morning, emitting the smell of rotten eggs through Rodeo, Hercules and Crockett.
On Saturday, crews applied foam inside the tank to cap the liquid inside. ConocoPhillips said the company's air monitoring tests showed it was working.
Contra Costa County health officials said the odor was not harmful.
crockett, rodeo, gas leak, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 52 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
22 min ago