East Bay News
Police arrest driver who fatally struck person with car
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police have arrested a 19-year old woman they believe deliberately struck and killed a 33-year-old Oakland resident with a car Saturday night.
The victim was trying to break up a fight, according to ABC7 media partner the Oakland Tribune. It happened on 61st Avenue and East Lawn Street just after 9 p.m.
The intersection was shut down while police gathered evidence and talked to witnesses. Investigators say they consider the case a homicide, not a hit-and-run accident.
OPD, oakland, crime, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday