East Bay News
Police arrest driver who fatally struck person with car
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police have arrested a 19-year old woman they believe deliberately struck and killed a 33-year-old Oakland resident with a car Saturday night.
The victim was trying to break up a fight, according to ABC7 media partner the Oakland Tribune. It happened on 61st Avenue and East Lawn Street just after 9 p.m.
The intersection was shut down while police gathered evidence and talked to witnesses. Investigators say they consider the case a homicide, not a hit-and-run accident.
OPD, oakland, crime, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge 34 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos