East Bay News
Burglary suspect arrest after fleeing home
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Police arrested a residential burglary suspect in Walnut Creek early Monday morning.
A resident of the 1200 block of Homestead Avenue found a strange man standing in his home at about 6:10 a.m. Monday, police said.
When confronted, the intruder fled from the home, heading toward Ygnacio Valley Road.
Police checked the area and found the suspect walking on Ygnacio Valley Road, not far from where the incident had been reported.
Officers detained the man, and identified him as Alfredo Rene Powell, 22, of Hayward.
Powell is on probation in Alameda County, and was identified by the Homestead Avenue resident as the intruder, police said. The resident told police he does not believe anything was stolen from the home.
Powell was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and violation of probation, and was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility.
walnut creek, crime, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday