East Bay News
Burglary suspect arrest after fleeing home
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Police arrested a residential burglary suspect in Walnut Creek early Monday morning.
A resident of the 1200 block of Homestead Avenue found a strange man standing in his home at about 6:10 a.m. Monday, police said.
When confronted, the intruder fled from the home, heading toward Ygnacio Valley Road.
Police checked the area and found the suspect walking on Ygnacio Valley Road, not far from where the incident had been reported.
Officers detained the man, and identified him as Alfredo Rene Powell, 22, of Hayward.
Powell is on probation in Alameda County, and was identified by the Homestead Avenue resident as the intruder, police said. The resident told police he does not believe anything was stolen from the home.
Powell was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and violation of probation, and was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility.
walnut creek, crime, east bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos