East Bay News
Burglary suspect arrest after fleeing home
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Police arrested a residential burglary suspect in Walnut Creek early Monday morning.
A resident of the 1200 block of Homestead Avenue found a strange man standing in his home at about 6:10 a.m. Monday, police said.
When confronted, the intruder fled from the home, heading toward Ygnacio Valley Road.
Police checked the area and found the suspect walking on Ygnacio Valley Road, not far from where the incident had been reported.
Officers detained the man, and identified him as Alfredo Rene Powell, 22, of Hayward.
Powell is on probation in Alameda County, and was identified by the Homestead Avenue resident as the intruder, police said. The resident told police he does not believe anything was stolen from the home.
Powell was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and violation of probation, and was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility.
walnut creek, crime, east bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 10 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 45 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos