East Bay News
Fire destroys at least one home on Mt. Diablo
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a two-alarm structure and vegetation fire near Mt. Diablo State Park in Contra Costa County Tuesday afternoon, according to a San Ramon Valley Fire District battalion chief.
The fire was reported at a single-family home near the 2300 block of Mt. Diablo Scenic Boulevard shortly after 3 p.m., Battalion Chief Derek Krause said.
Krause said the blaze had been contained and no injuries had been reported as of 4:30 p.m.
Cal Fire also responded to fire and the cause was not immediately known, Krause said.
fire, brush fire, contra costa county, east bay news
- Underground fire forcing evacuations in Oakland 40 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- 'Radioactive' package found at Lafayette intersection 46 min ago
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday