East Bay News
Fire destroys at least one home on Mt. Diablo
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a two-alarm structure and vegetation fire near Mt. Diablo State Park in Contra Costa County Tuesday afternoon, according to a San Ramon Valley Fire District battalion chief.
The fire was reported at a single-family home near the 2300 block of Mt. Diablo Scenic Boulevard shortly after 3 p.m., Battalion Chief Derek Krause said.
Krause said the blaze had been contained and no injuries had been reported as of 4:30 p.m.
Cal Fire also responded to fire and the cause was not immediately known, Krause said.
fire, brush fire, contra costa county, east bay news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast 37 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 38 min ago
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos