East Bay News
Fire destroys at least one home on Mt. Diablo
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a two-alarm structure and vegetation fire near Mt. Diablo State Park in Contra Costa County Tuesday afternoon, according to a San Ramon Valley Fire District battalion chief.
The fire was reported at a single-family home near the 2300 block of Mt. Diablo Scenic Boulevard shortly after 3 p.m., Battalion Chief Derek Krause said.
Krause said the blaze had been contained and no injuries had been reported as of 4:30 p.m.
Cal Fire also responded to fire and the cause was not immediately known, Krause said.
fire, brush fire, contra costa county, east bay news
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 3 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 1 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion