East Bay News
Fire destroys at least one home on Mt. Diablo
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a two-alarm structure and vegetation fire near Mt. Diablo State Park in Contra Costa County Tuesday afternoon, according to a San Ramon Valley Fire District battalion chief.
The fire was reported at a single-family home near the 2300 block of Mt. Diablo Scenic Boulevard shortly after 3 p.m., Battalion Chief Derek Krause said.
Krause said the blaze had been contained and no injuries had been reported as of 4:30 p.m.
Cal Fire also responded to fire and the cause was not immediately known, Krause said.
fire, brush fire, contra costa county, east bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 5 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday