East Bay News
Pregnant woman beaten, robbed on BART
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- A pregnant woman was beaten up and robbed while she was traveling on BART.
Immafrancia Hutalla, 26, was attacked by two people while she was riding BART to Concord. Hutalla said a man beat her while a woman tried to grab her iPhone. She said at least 15 people witnessed the attack and did nothing to help her.
"You need to protect yourself. People will be there. They see you're in a public area. They see you, but they wouldn't get your back. They're just going to watch you until that person kills you or something," Hutalla said.
Someone finally pulled her into another car.
Bart police claim that some passengers tried to help, but decided to back off when the male suspect reached into his waistband.
The suspects were arrested at the Pittsburg/Bay Point Station.
concord, bay point, pittsburg, crime, BART, iphone, east bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1 9 min ago
- Person killed by train at Hayward BART station
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations 14 min ago
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished 55 min ago
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday