East Bay News
Pregnant woman beaten, robbed on BART
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- A pregnant woman was beaten up and robbed while she was traveling on BART.
Immafrancia Hutalla, 26, was attacked by two people while she was riding BART to Concord. Hutalla said a man beat her while a woman tried to grab her iPhone. She said at least 15 people witnessed the attack and did nothing to help her.
"You need to protect yourself. People will be there. They see you're in a public area. They see you, but they wouldn't get your back. They're just going to watch you until that person kills you or something," Hutalla said.
Someone finally pulled her into another car.
Bart police claim that some passengers tried to help, but decided to back off when the male suspect reached into his waistband.
The suspects were arrested at the Pittsburg/Bay Point Station.
concord, bay point, pittsburg, crime, BART, iphone, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 45 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 19 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case