East Bay News
Pregnant woman beaten, robbed on BART
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- A pregnant woman was beaten up and robbed while she was traveling on BART.
Immafrancia Hutalla, 26, was attacked by two people while she was riding BART to Concord. Hutalla said a man beat her while a woman tried to grab her iPhone. She said at least 15 people witnessed the attack and did nothing to help her.
"You need to protect yourself. People will be there. They see you're in a public area. They see you, but they wouldn't get your back. They're just going to watch you until that person kills you or something," Hutalla said.
Someone finally pulled her into another car.
Bart police claim that some passengers tried to help, but decided to back off when the male suspect reached into his waistband.
The suspects were arrested at the Pittsburg/Bay Point Station.
concord, bay point, pittsburg, crime, BART, iphone, east bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 4 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 56 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 49 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos