East Bay News
Man arrested in connection with Orinda homicide
ORINDA, Calif. (KGO) -- In Orinda, a woman was found dead on the kitchen floor and the accused killer is a housemate under arrest after he confessed to the alleged killing. It's the first murder there in a decade.
The body was found Tuesday afternoon inside a home on Moraga Way, near El Camino Moraga. Investigators have been in front of the home since the early afternoon.
Police are calling the death of a woman in her early 50's a murder. A call to 911 was made Tuesday afternoon by a man in his 90's described by police, as a neighbor of the victim and the suspect.
Police say the neighbor was calling police to say that, "there has been a murder" but that he couldn't give the information that they needed about "who, what or where."
They say that dispatch could hear a second voice, behind the caller, giving additional information, including the address of the crime scene.
Police say that immediately upon discovering the woman's body on the floor of the kitchen, they knew it was not an accidental death, but indeed a murder.
"This was a domestic dispute that ended up being what we think is a murder, we're pretty confident it's a murder. We're also confident that we have the suspect, there is no one to be concerned about in Orinda that we're looking for. We have who we're looking for right now," said Orinda Police Chief Jeff Jennings.
Investigators were able to recover the weapon a couple of doors down, near the neighbor's home. The police say that the murder is indeed domestic and that there is no threat to the community.
Police say that the couple had lived together for the last 10 years and had been at the address since 2006.
Jennings also said that they're also working with other agencies because they're a small department and that they expect to have the investigation wrapped up within the next day or so.
orinda, crime, east bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday